Long name problems
My name in my passport fairly long. (10 characters first name, 22 letters second name, with spaces in between). This causes me all kinds of trouble here in the US:
- For 3 years in a row I had to call the IRS in order to get my tax return back; I believe it to be because the limit on the w2 forms was names of 30 characters, so my name didn't fully match.
- I used to not be able to do online check-ins into flights, but this has changed in recent years!
- As I was applying for health insurance, surprise! my name was accepted. However, on the last page where you have to rewrite your name to confirm you've read the instructions, they did not accept spaces in the first name, only on the last name. I had to apply through email and mail after half an hour on the phone with customer service.
- Basically every single one of my science olympiad certificates has my name written in slightly different ways in order to make it shorter. Each remove a different part of my name.
- I couldn't signup to pay for electricity and gas through the website.
- Equifax still hasn't being able to deal with my long name, so it reports that I have no credit score. Therefore when people run a credit check on me, it is weird. Transunion has no problems with this.
- When logging in the mit table tennis, I crashed the website. It tried to save my name, which was given by the mit certificate.